Refractive Error Correction
Did you know?
Refractive surgery is a procedure that aims to correct refractive errors; either near-sightedness, far-sightedness, or astigmatism. Currently, there are various procedures available for patients to get their refractive errors corrected.
The procedures range from precise laser eye surgery that reshapes the cornea to surgical implantation of a customized lens inside your eye.
Consult your eye specialist to determine which options are the best for you according to your individual lifestyle and visual needs. Available options to correct the refractive error are:
- Refractive laser eye surgery
- Implantable phakic contact lens (IPCL)
- Refractive lens exchange (RLE)
- Prescription glasses
- Contact lens specially prescribed by a qualified optometrist
Refractive Laser Eye Surgery
Today, there are three commonly-performed refractive laser surgeries that provide alternative options to the conventional spectacles or contact lenses. They include:
- Flap-Less or Refractive Lenticule Extraction Small Incision Lenticule Extraction (ReLEx SMILE)
- Laser-Assisted in situ Keratomileusis (LASIK)
- Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
The ophthalmologist will discuss and help you understand which procedure is best for your individual eye conditions. In PMELC, we offer Flap-Less and Femto-LASIK laser surgery for our patients to be free from glasses
Book Your Appointment
8:30am – 5:30pm (Monday – Saturday)
9,10,11, Residensi Park Bukit Jalil, Persiaran Jalil Utama, 57000, Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur