Femto-LASIK Laser Eye Surgery in Malaysia
Femto-LASIK laser eye surgery is a type of corneal refractive laser surgery which is widely performed. It is the abbreviation of Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis. It is a surgical procedure that uses laser to reshape the cornea to correct the refractive error with a thin flap in the cornea. Femto-LASIK laser eye surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that can correct refractive errors from mild to severe near-sightedness and astigmatism.
How is our LASIK surgery procedure looks like?
Cornea flap is created and lifted.
An Excimer laser is used to correct the refractive error.
The flap is repositioned and allowed to heal and adhered naturally without stitches
Step by Step Femto-LASIK Eye Surgery in IKONIK
- Pre-operative Consultation: Meet with your ophthalmologist to assess your candidacy for Femto-LASIK and discuss your expectations.
- Eye Preparation: On the day of surgery, your eye will be numbed with eye drops, and an instrument called a lid speculum will be used to keep your eyelids open.
- Creation of Flap: A femtosecond laser will be used to create a thin corneal flap, which is gently lifted to expose the underlying corneal tissue.
- Laser Reshaping: An excimer laser will be employed to precisely reshape the cornea, correcting any refractive errors such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism.
- Flap Replacement: After the cornea is reshaped, the flap is carefully repositioned, creating a natural bandage to aid in the healing process.
- Post-operative Care: You will be provided the instructions on post-operative care, which may include using medicated eye drops and avoiding certain activities during the healing period.
- Follow-up Visits: Attend scheduled follow-up visits to monitor your progress and ensure optimal healing and visual outcomes.
You are our next candidate for LASIK surgery if you are…
- 18 years old and above
- Power of spectacles must be stable for at least 2 years
- Minimum corneal thickness of 470 micron
- Normal corneal topography
- Healthy eyes
- Neither pregnant nor breastfeeding
Congratulations! Our LASIK surgery is…
- Quick recovery
- Well-established procedure
WOW! IKONIK LASIK Surgery is BLADELESS?!
Yes! We are one of the eye specialists that perform bladeless laser eye surgery in Malaysia. In the early years of LASIK surgery, manual blade system known as microkeratomes were used to create the corneal flap. The flap was created to allow exposure of the deeper layer of the cornea to the Excimer laser that reshapes the cornea. The development of Femtosecond laser technology has revolutionised flap creation; it allows the procedure to be a bladeless procedure with its own advantages. Bladeless laser eye surgery procedures such as Femto-LASIK provide a better experience for the patients and better comfort.
Bladeless / Femto-LASIK Laser Eye Surgery
- Uses Femtosecond laser systems to create the corneal flap
- Safely create even flaps as thin as 100 microns
Blade LASIK Eye Surgery
- Mechanical microkeratome use high-precision oscillating-blade systems that dock to a suction ring to create a lamellar corneal flap
- Flap thickness may vary throughout the flap
Yeah! I want to do LASIK Surgery TODAY!
We received a lot of queries on LASIK surgery. So here we compiled all the FAQs on LASIK surgery.
- How do I know which laser eye surgery procedure is suitable for me?
- You will know your suitability for the laser procedure during your comprehensive eye check-up. It is essential to ensure that your eyes are healthy before proceeding with the laser procedure.
- When will my laser eye surgery procedure be scheduled after my eye check-up day?
- We usually schedule Femto-LASIK procedure every Wednesday/Saturday and the assessment must be done at least one day prior. So, if you come on Friday, you have to wait for only one day before you’re glasses-free!
- I have a packed schedule. I would like to proceed with my laser eye surgery procedure in the next month after my eye check-up, is it okay?
- Yes, you can. The results of the comprehensive eye check-up are valid for up to 3 months. If you exceed the date, you must repeat your comprehensive assessment from the beginning since we always aim to get the updated result to ensure the accuracy and optimum outcome for you.
- What is the eyedrops I should use after the laser eye procedure?
- We will provide you with artificial tears and antibiotic eyedrops. Before you go home, we will explain to you on the use and frequency of the drops.
- Can I drive after the procedure and continue working?
- On the day of the laser eye procedure, you are advised to bring someone to drive you home as you might experience temporary visual discomfort which may be dangerous for you to drive or operate machines. However, you can continue doing light chores and daily activities.
- Is it normal if I feel sensitive to light after the laser eye procedure?
- Yes, it is normal, and it is a temporary symptom. You can use your sunglasses to reduce the glare and make your eyes feel comfortable. It is also common to get teary and irritation on the eyes. You can just dab your tears on your lower eyelid without applying pressure on your eyeball.
- How about water activities and usage of make-up after the laser eye procedure?
- You are advised to avoid any water sports activities such as swimming or diving. However, you can take shower normally with extra precautions on not exposing your eyes directly to the water. This is important for the first week for Flap-Less and the first month for Femto-LASIK.
- When is my follow-up will be after the laser eye procedure?
- The first follow-up is a week after the surgery followed by three and six months after the procedure.
I want to book an appointment NOW!
We are one of the best eye specialists that provides the laser eye surgery in KL.
Fill-in the form below and our Customer Service will be more than happy to assist!
Book Your Appointment
8:30am – 5:30pm (Monday – Saturday)
9,10,11, Residensi Park Bukit Jalil, Persiaran Jalil Utama, 57000, Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur